Beeswax Wrap Refresher Bar – 60 grams - DYI Beeswax Wraps Project - Zero Waste
Western Australia beeswax, eco friendly, zero waste
- Regular price
- $8.50 AUD
- Regular price
- Sale price
- $8.50 AUD
- Unit price
Bring your Beeswax Wraps back to life!
These pre-mixed beeswax refresher bars are ready to use, no additional ingredients required. Ingredient: Raw Beeswax, Jojoba Oil and Tree Resin.
Our refresher bars are a combination of natural beeswax, pine tree resin and Jojoba oil. When melted and applied to cloth this blend creates a pliable, water resistant wrap with an enduring natural adhesiveness, antibacterial and antifungal properties.
A Mount Richon Honey Refresher Bar will let your well used Beeswax Wraps have a second lease of life. Whether you have had them and they need reviving or you have washed your new wraps in hot water by accident and the wax has started to come off, this refresher block will make them good as new again.
- Keep your wax blocks in the freezer (they're easier to grate) and preheat your oven to 100-120 degrees Celsius
- Pop your wraps that need refreshing on a tray from largest at the bottom to smallest on top
- Grate wax over each wrap as you pile them up ensuring light and even coverage to the edges
- Pop them in the oven and wait 5 - 10 minutes
- Take the top wrap off and air it. When the wrap no longer glistens (i.e. the wax has gone cold), place it down on a piece of wax paper.
- Then take the next wrap off and air it. If as you remove wraps any have cold wax on them, pop the tray back in the oven.
Or you can grate some Beeswax Refresher bar straight onto the wrap, then cover the wrap with two sheets of baking paper and melt into the fabric with the gentle heat of an iron. Do this until all the beeswax mixture has melted into your wrap. It will give them a lovely new coating of beeswax and your wraps are now ready to continue their life!
DYI Wraps Project
Alternatively, you can make your own wraps using a Mount Richon Honey Beeswax Wrap Refresher Bar. The bar contains our special recipe. All you need is fabric you have chosen, baking paper, a grater and an old baking tray. (Instructions included).
Making your own wraps at home is fun, simple and a cheaper alternative to buying them ready made. It is a great craft activity to enjoy with friends. Also makes a great gift and is perfect for anyone wanting to reduce plastic waste.
Beeswax wraps can be used to wrap fruit and vegetables, cheeses, sandwiches, snacks and food in a bowl - a natural alternative to plastic wrap!
Depending on thickness of your fabric, one beeswax refresher bar can cover 4 to 5 wraps.
What you receive:
- 60 gram (minimum) Mount Richon Honey Refresher Bar (pre-blended with beeswax, resin & jojoba oil)
- Full set of step by step instructions
- Makes approximately 4 to 5 wraps depending on size!! (You supply your own 100% cotton fabric)