We have been told by the world health organisation’s and doctors, that if we are to control the transmission of COVID-19 and any viruses , that we are to wash our hands, correctly and frequently.
Viruses can be active outside the body for hours, even days. Disinfectants, liquids, wipes, gels and creams containing alcohol are all useful at getting rid contamination - But not as good as handmade soap, but do please use alcohol-based sanitiser when soap is not handy or practical.
It has never been more important than ever to be washing your hands and washing them correctly. However, hand washing is only effective if you follow this simple process;
- Choose a soap that lathers easily. Handmade soaps lather much easier than mass-produce commercial shop bought soaps.
- Wet hands thoroughly with water.
- Lather hands with soap covering front, back, between fingers and under nails.
- Wash for at least 20 seconds or for the length of time it takes to sing two outstanding renditions of ‘Happy Birthday’.
- Wash hands frequently throughout the day especially after touching surfaces.
Stay safe and keep on washing those hands correctly and frequently.